Sunday, March 30, 2008

Trojan Horses Have Invaded My Laptop!

I have discovered some very sad news today... My beloved writing partner and friend, my laptop, has come down with a very bad virus. My husband has been operating on it all day and the prognosis is not good! Apparantly 2 Trojan Horses (?? viruses) were released at 5 pm yesterday and it's ability to function has slowly gone south...The poor thing can not even bring up the welcome screen.

This has left me with no choice but to use our family PC. There is usually a long line to get a turn and a lot of commotion in the room where it is located. I think I would compare this to the washer & dryer machines breaking down and having to go to the laundromat. Or the car needing service and having to rely on public transportation. I bet even the laundromat gets computer service.

Anyway, all of this to say that I might not be able to visit or write a post for a day or two. Don't think I have forgotten you. And please don't forget me........

OHHH, we were able to bring my pictures up! I really don't want to lose those. And my CBS info, I hope I can save that. This computer contains more of my life than I thought!

Maybe a day or two off of it would do me good. My family has been calling me "computer geek" and I think they are jealous of my laptop.

Maybe it was them who released the Trojan Horses. In a diabolical plot to get me off the computer and into the kitchen (cooking) and laundry room (cleaning) they attacked my laptop......(remember the lamp in A Christmas Story?????).

Maybe I have lost my mind completely.........OR...

Maybe this is God's way of intervening in my life to say, "I will not let time on the computer become an idol in your life. Get your priorities straight!"

Yeah, I think that is exactly what it is. Sad as I am, I will have to wait in line just like everyone else and log on when it is my turn, set the timer and log out when my time is up. Oh, why did I ever set that silly timer rule? Little did I know it would ever apply to me! LOL!

See ya next time my turn rolls around! Or when my laptop is feeling better!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh this is sad, really sad! I love to read your posts. I'll be praying for you as you have to abide by your own silly timer rule.

The pictures of your daughter ready for prom were great. She is beautiful.

Hope you aren't away for too long and everything is safely recovered from your laptop. Have a great week!

Jamie

Jenileigh said...

Oh I'm so sorry!

Rhonda said...

I am sending 'Get Well Soon' wishes to your laptop. I know how frustrating that can be. I had computer problems a year ago and had to complete clean out the hard drive.

Sharing is not so much fun with family members; especially when you're the mom. Been there too.

Fran said...

Hope things get back up and running again soon...but I bet it will be good to have some time away from "her" too! ;)

Blessings~
Fran

luvmy4sons said...

I HATE computer woes! I hope it gets resolved quickly. I like the idea of a timer. I should set one for myself! I won't forget you. Come back soon!

Amy said...

Hi, I saw your blog on Lelia's blog.
I think God was telling me the same thing about my computer and internet "idol" this weekend too.
We didn't have power for 3 looong hours, but no phones or internet for muuuuuch longer. It was hard on me. Pitiful I know, but true.

I hope you are up and running without trojan horses or a timer very soon.:)

God Bless!
Amy:)

God's girl said...

So sorry about your lap top mishap!

THanks for the comment on my survey-I am absolutely interested in what you have to say as well as anyone else you ask. Please do forward it on to me!
Much love,
Angela

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Blessing Kelley. I hope you are able to save everything. Enjoy your break but hurry back!

In His Graces~Pamela

Jodie Wolfe said...

I could use your help. I am trying to survey as many women as possible to find out what ten struggles they face as a Christian woman. If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

Please pass the information on to your friends as well.

Debbie said...

oh no not good at all!!! I hope he gets it fixed and all is well again!!!

Debbie

Faithful Froggers said...

I am so sorry your laptop is "sick" but I have to admit that I was laughing out loud at your post. Hope you are back to blogging soon.

I really enjoyed your post about the prom. Your daughter's dress was beautiful and she looked so pretty. What memories your post brought back . . .

Have a great week and I hope your laptop gets well soon! :0)
Love & FROG . . .

Christina said...

This post was funny. The timer rule cracked me up. I constantly make rules that are not supposed to apply to me and of course I usually end up having them apply to me on occasion.

Diabolical plot maybe? God's way of telling you and the rest of us to make sure the computer doesn't become our main purpose. Good reminder. I thank you and I thank Him also.