Friday, March 14, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday!

I am so excited to post on a new meme this week (well new to me anyway!)....

First I want to tell you about a conversation I had with my husband and daughter (who works in an electronics store). I wanted to know how much a scanner would cost so I could scan older photos onto my computer. Guess what, our computer already has a scanner! It's like Christmas all over again! I have been scanning away ever since. So today, in honor of Favorite Foto Friday, I am posting a couple "scanned images" of Easter 2003. Since the theme is Spring Fever, I thought it would be appropriate.

The great thing about these pictures is the story behind them. Here is my family, dressed and ready for Easter morning church. Usually we are rushing out the door at the last minute with lots of raised voices and a few tears. This day however, we are so on the ball that we have time to take pictures and enjoy the morning....Just like Easter is supposed to be!

What you don't see is the fact that someone had locked the front door behind us and we are locked out of the house! No, we don't have a keypad on the garage and we don't have an extra key hidden somewhere. Well so much for no yelling (my husband) and so much for no tears (the kid who locked the door) and so much for being clean (after climbing through the muddy garden to break into a back window!). Just another Sunday morning at our place! Oh well, it's something we all laugh about now......

For more FFF visit Sara here!

12 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What beautiful pictures...and a FUNNY story!!!

I'm sure at the time it wasn't funny..BUT...what a great conversation piece...AND...I can tell you all laugh about it now!!

Gotta love those kodak moments.

Happy Spring.

luvmy4sons said...

Great pics! Too funny. Life is so full of mishaps. A fact I am so painfully aware of lately!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hey, Girl I finally am getting around to adding you to my blogroll because I'm doing some updating.

Joyful said...

Your pictures are wonderful Kelley...and the story behind them too funny!!! I'm sure many, if not all of us reading could share a 'key' story - you're not alone. I've locked my keys in the car - with the car RUNNING and didn't even know. It took an announcement at church to get my attention - how embarrassing - then CAA had to come to save the day. (The CAA driver did offer some encouragement when he said, "Don't worry..it happens all the time".)

Hope you have a good weekend ahead. Still want to answer the last message you sent me. I'll be e-mailing you - hopefully this weekend.

Love & prayers,
Joy

Tonya said...

Hey There, GIRLFRIEND! I absolutely DO NOT MIND AT ALL if you use that video. I actually got it from another lady's blog a few days before. We're WILD about Coffey now! I'm going to buy his CD so we can hear it in the car too.

As for your "FFF" post.. it's just PERFECT! It's REAL. We try so hard to appear as though all is "well in the world" when sometimes things are not well at all. I'm sorry to admit it, but I found it a little humorous. It sounded EXACTLY like something that would happen HERE. (Have you ever gotten all the way to town only to realize that one or MORE of your children wasn't wearing shoes? That's our life) LOL!

Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
Love,
Tonya

PS.. the pictures were BEAUTIFUL! =-)

Faithful Froggers said...

What a priceless story! I'm sure it was pure chaos at the time - but what a funny memory your family will have to look back on - and laugh about for years to come! The pictures were beautiful!

Have a fabulous weekend!
Love & FROG,
Heather

Sarah said...

You have a beautiful family! Love the scanner concept too! Welcome to FFF! You are my hero with 7 children! I always dreamed of a big family!

Lelia Chealey said...

Hey Kelley!
I loved the story and the pictures. My favorite is still the kids on the beach in your sidebar. Very easy on the eyes. ;)
When I had an apartment I locked myself out ALL the time and not just my apartment, but my car too which shared the same key ring. I had this weird habit of throwing my keys on my car seat when I got out as I was always trying to juggle stuff. Guess subconciously I didn't want to drop my keys so I threw them on the seat. Shut the locked door with my leg and there I would be standing in the street. Then the tears... :) My landlord Charlie hated me. I was just so needy. Lol.
Have a great weekend girlfriend. I can't wait to meet you. I'll have to email you when Miss Amiyah arrives. 3 weeks. I can't believe it. :)
Love you,my Sister in Christ!
Lelia

Jenny said...

Your family is so cute! At least you will have a great story to tell forever!

Have a great weekend!
Jenny

Marybeth Whalen said...

Cute photos! Isn't it funny how things do become more funny as time goes by. We might fail to see the humor at first, but we eventually do.

Right now I am trying to find the humor in a broken foot... still waiting.

I read your profile today and was struck by how much we have in common. Jodi Picoult and Harlan Coben are both faves of mine-- and I am in my sixth year of CBS!! I love, love, love CBS! We are doing Acts this year and it is awesome.

Nice catching up with you today--

Debbie said...

Hi, WElcome to FFF!! You family is lovely!! I am glad you could join us!! I will keep following your blog!!

Young Creations said...

I have a scanner and I can't figure out how to use it. I should just adk my 13 year old.
Have a great week.
Lauren