Friday, March 21, 2008

God Stop Friday!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I have been blown away by "God Stop" moments this week so I thought I would share a couple of them.

First of all, I have felt Jesus surround me this week in my time of need. I wrote a post and sent a couple of emails to friends because I was desperate and didn't know what to do. In return I was showered with more love and prayers than I could have ever imagined. I don't even know how to say thank you....

Then, when I prayed for peace about my Dad's salvation God led me to answers that supplied it. I wrote about that in my last post.

Finally, I want to tell you what happened to me on Tuesday evening. My husband and I took the kids to the gym so they could swim in the indoor pool and I could do a step areobics class. It turns out the instructor that night was quite evil. I have been in some pretty intense classes and never left one early. However after 30 minutes of torture I decided I had suffered enough and put my step away.

I was about to go to the pool but decided to hit the sauna first and maybe "sweat off" a little fat. I was in the sauna alone and saying some prayers when a woman walked in. Here is how our conversation went......

Her: "It isn't too hot in here tonight. The other day it was like this so I was
able to have a long conversation with someone about the Lord and I was
really encouraged by it. I love when God works that way!"

Me: "That's funny cuz I was just sitting here praying."

Her: "I was coming in to read my bible!" and she held up her compact bible.

Needless to say, at that point I was listening closely. How often do you run into a woman in the sauna reading her bible?

As we spoke she talked about needing to forgive someone and how hard that is. I told her we were studying Agape love at CBS and that only through God could we love and forgive as we are supposed to.

She asked if I had ever fasted. Would you believe that is the topic of discussion in my lifegroup right now. She told me all kinds of blessings and miracles she had received through fasting.

We ended up talking for 30 minutes and found we have a lot in common! We exchanged phone numbers and email addresses. I don't know if we will run into each other again or not but for some reason God had me stop my step class and step into the sauna last Tuesday night and used the lower temperatures to allow a conversation that encouraged two of His children in amazing, yet different ways! How cool is that?

Praise be to God!

10 comments:

Joyful said...

Kelley...I love this!!! Even the "evil instructor" was part of the plan! Reminds me of Joseph...you thought it was evil, but God meant it for good. What a wonderful time of fellowship and friendship He had planned for you that He didn't want you to miss. A time of refreshing in a sauna - not just physically, but spiritually. Don't you just love it when God surprises you with His blessings.

It HAS been a "God Stop" week - filled with opportunities of seeing Him do miraculous things - so glad you (and I), paused to recognize His hand.

Love to you today, and continued prayer for you and your family,
Blessings, because He loves,
Joy

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

It is so wonderful when we act on His voice. God had a special plan with that meeting. I am sure you blessed her as much as she blessed you. What a sweet, sweet spirit I read. Bless~I am still praying for you and your dad.
In His Graces~Pamela

Patty said...

I love this God Stop!! I am so happy you joined us and this just gives me chills as I read it!! Oh how I love God and how fun is it to watch Him work and direct our steps!! There is nothing more sweet than knowing your friends are praying for you in the rough times. The fasting speaks to me because I have had that in my thoughts. WOW!! God is good!!!
Have a blessed Easter.
Patty

luvmy4sons said...

Isn't God so good?! Just love the way He works things! Thanks for sharing that story!

Tonya said...

Kelley, I just had a "God Stop" moment too. I was needing a question answered and GOD sent the very person I needed to help me. (It's WAY deeper than that but I'll spare you the details) LOL! I just LOVE it when GOD works miracles right before our eyes.

Still praying for your Daddy.. ;-)

LOVE YOU!

Rhonda said...

Kelley...That is wonderful. I love it when I have 'God appointments'. I always feel so loved by Him afterwards.

It is so awesome when we have those spirit-to-spirit connections. I'm so glad that God 'met' you this week.

Take care,

Rhonda

Shari said...

It sounds like you sure had an emotional week. That's neat how you two Christian women were able to encourage each other. It's amazing all the things that can happen in just one week.

Christina said...

How nice to meet someone you can share your faith with when you least expect it. This God Stop thing is so awesome.

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Kelley- What a great post! Isn't God so precious to us? He knows just what we need and supplies it!

And, I love your blog. What beautiful children!!!! We have 5 children- but they are all still little- 11, 9, 7, 4, 1.

I pray you have a blessed Resurrection Day.

Tracy

Angela Baylis said...

Dear Kelley,
I LOVED this God Stop! God amazes me so much. I also can't believe you mentioned fasting. I had something weighing on my heart a couple of weeks ago so I decided to fast and I could NOT believe what it did. I don't understand it fully, all I know was it changed my heart! I am so amazed that you would talk about it!

You are such a Blessing!
Much love to you this day before Easter!
Angie xoxo

p.s. If I don't get a chance to come back, have a great day with your family!!!