Monday, March 3, 2008

I Did It!

Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!

How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out!
Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?
Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever!
Amen.

Guess who is going to the She Speaks conference in North Carolina this June.... YES, it would be little old me! No, I did not receive a check under my pillow (that would be the tooth fairy, not God) but I did receive what I believe are several answers to my prayer, which resulted in peace with the decision.

First of all I received encouragement and support from so many people. Several people I don't even know were praying over my decision! Many people shared scripture with me to determine God's will, others posted words on their blog that really spoke to my heart, and I picked up the book, "If You Want to Walk ON Water You Have To Get Out of The Boat" by John Ortberg. I had already read this once but Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee brought it back to my attention. What a great book to help get past fear!

Secondly, I discovered a couple of fellow bloggers I really enjoy who would be willing to share a room with me. And another blogging friend who is flying out of the same airport. Because one of my biggest fears was going alone, I am certain God placed these women in my life as a direct answer to prayer. Thank you ladies, you are my heaven sent angels!

Finally, I believe that God took my spirit of fear and replaced it with determination and anticipation. On Friday it looked like I wouldn't be able to go and I discovered I feared that more than I feared going! I realized how badly I wanted to be there.

So today, I did it. I am now registered for the conference and I am completely at peace with that decision. I am looking forward to this adventure and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me there! Now, I have to work on having patience because I can't wait for JUNE!

Thanks for all of your prayers and encouragement, I will try to stop being so needy now!!



10 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

WOOHOO!!! I'm so happy for you. Okay, sista, there's no backing out now! I'm so excited for you! I am looking forward to getting to know you.
Oh Kelley, are we ready for the next chapter of God's plan for our lives?? YES!! You got to get that book I have on my blog by Lysa TerKeurst if you don't already have it. I can't put it down! :)
Have a great week!
Love,
Lelia

Joyful said...

Kelley, I am so happy for you!!! I feel like even if I don't get to go to the conference this year, I'm going to share the adventure through you. I know God has placed you in my live for His purposes. I too am at peace right now. The frantic need for a decision has been replaced with acceptance to His call to 'wait'.

I'm guessing the book Lelia has referred to is, "What Happens When Women say 'yes' to God". I'm currently leading that study with about 20 ladies every Tuesday morning, and then repeating it for some 'working mom's' at night in my home. It IS a fabulous book and God is using it greatly in my life.

Marvel in the joy of knowing you are in the center of His will and thank Him for His continued guidance. YEAH KELLEY!!!!!
Love & prayer,
Joy
PS. Did you receive the long e-mail I sent you?

Anonymous said...

:)

luvmy4sons said...

I am glad you decided and are pleased with your decison. Many blessings be upon your trip!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I am just so thrilled, Kelley. I cannot wait! I'm hugging you today and hugging you then! yay!

Angela Baylis said...

That is SO neat! My mother and some other family members live in NC. Where is the conference? I'd love to see about going! I've only found you recently but knew immediately I liked you! You are such a gift and all who hear you will be blessed!

Glad you decided to get jump ship! Ha ha!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh Yay Kelley! I am sooo happy for you!

Jenny said...

I'm so excited for you! I decided to go too. Although I haven't been as blessed with you as of yet I don't know anyone flying out of Atlanta but there is still time!

Have a great evening!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh Kelly~
what great news!!! I'm thrilled for you.

What a great opportunity for you, and just think of all the fun you will have with your blog-friends. Woo-hoo!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I had a similar journey to overcome fear to register for the conference. I am so excited! It will also be wonderful to see how God moves in everyone's lives after the conference.