Monday, December 10, 2007

Why Aroma of Joy?

So what is Aroma Of Joy?....

Well, I think out of all of our senses the least tangible but yet the most powerful is the sense of smell. An aroma can ignite feelings and memories like no sound or sight ever could. It can draw us in or drive us away, it can comfort us or make us uncomfortable. My hope for creating this blog, and in fact my desire for how I live my life, is to draw people in and have them feel comfortable. In other words I want my life to project a pleasing aroma!

Joy is defined as an emotion of great delight; a source of keen pleasure; festive gaiety. Now that is a word that I would love to use to describe my life and relationships! Obviously I am not always in a state of unbridled happiness (sorry to burst that bubble) but I can choose to seek joy. Happiness is elusive and conditional but joy is a way of life and it is contagious.

So there you have it, the aroma of joy ~ the desire of my heart to reflect a life and relationships that are permeated with great delight, keen pleasure and festive gaiety! I am thinking of this blog page as aromatherapy for life....

4 comments:

lauren said...

you've always been so good with your words. i knew that the day you helped me with my turkey vulture report. you have a beautiful heart, mom. keep doing what you're doing! love you. lj.

Anonymous said...

Kelley,

I've been reading you off and on for a while now and I just realized that you are from Kansas. I was just there last weekend in Wichita.

I'm still so bummed that I missed the SheSpeaks conference. More for the chance to meet all the bloggers than anything.

Deirdre

Blessthishome said...

The name of your blog caught my eye because I love studying the Fruit of the Spirit and anything on JOY!
I just saved you to favorites and subscribed! God bless you and your family!
Kim in Alabama

Anonymous said...

I love the name of your blog. I followed the link from another blog and have spent some time reading your entries. You truly are a woman of God with an aroma of joy. God bless you.

Vickie in MA