Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Isn't it funny how this day brings out the Irish in all of us? Since Spring has refused to show up this year and we are still stuck with brown everywhere this is one way to get our green fix! Although we all make sure to wear green (or suffer the consequence), for our family it is the food that makes the day. We go with the traditional corned beef and cabbage, carrots, Irish soda bread.......yum!!!!

Actually today I did discover a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, or maybe I should say the pot was dropped in my lap. I have no idea who the Leprechaun is that chose to bless me today but bless me they did! Completely unexpected and completely anonymous someone spoke, not only to me but also to my family. You made it clear to all of us that this isn't just something I cooked up but someone else believes that God has a plan to use me and they are willing to support it. Kind of like a "green light from God!" Thank you so much, whoever you are. I am deeply moved, appreciative and humbled by your generosity! I am giving thanks for you and I am praying blessings for you and yours on this day and forever!

11 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Love the bag pipe music. And I love it when god sweeps in with unexpected and wonderful blessings like that. That's great! Praise His name!

Young Creations said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Lauren

Susan said...

Hey Kelly,

Happy St. Pat's to you too!

Stop by my site, I have something for you!

Blessings♥

Jenny said...

Happy St.Patrick's Day! Your dinner sounds wonderful.

Jenny

Joyful said...

Kelley my friend, it sounds like you've had an amazing day! So excited for you. I've had a great day too - it didn't involve any "pots of gold", but I still feel like God blessed me with a treasure at the end of the rainbow. The sweet comment you sent me earlier today made my day! Hugs right back girl!

I was dressed in green today - my mom was born in Belfast, Ireland (while her parents were on holiday from their home in England). Can't say we celebrated the day as completely as you did though.

Rejoicing in all that God is doing in your life!

Love,
Joy

Tonya said...

Kelley, I'm SO EXCITED for you and your newfound "luck." Well, as a Christian I don't REALLY believe in luck.. but for the sake of St. Patty's day.. LOL!

I'm so happy that GOD used someone to bless you in this way. I'll pray for GOD'S direction in your life and what HE wants you to do.

LOVE YOU, GIRLFRIEND!

Jamie said...

Rejoicing with you as you give God praise for the blessings in your life. God is so good! I love how He uses people to bring blessings in our lives.

Have a great week!
Jamie

Rhonda said...

I forgot to get organized enough to have an Irish supper. So...we had green jell-o, green broccoli and potatoes!! :) Perhaps next year.

I share in your excitement today with your blessing! How wonderful!

Kristen said...

I love it when God uses someone to delight us! Glad you got a wonderful pot of gold!

Tonya said...

Hey There, Friend! Just checking in to see if you'd posted yet today.

LOVE YOU! =-)

Tonya said...

Kelley... I know you loved Coffey as much as we did. It just now dawned on me to search for other videos on Godtube. (Yeah, I told you I'm slow!) Anyway... I just watched this one and LOVED IT! I thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=3ef8af036ae0a8ab5c02