Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Break and Wordless Wednesday...

Spring break 2008 begins in 2 days and since we aren't going anywhere this year, I decided to post on last year's adventure (besides I am at a loss as to what to write, but feel pressure to write something, this is a party after all!).......

2007 was the first time we ever traveled for Spring Break. We took 5 kids and drove to San Antonio where we stayed on the Riverwalk. That was an amazing get-away! Even the 12 hour car ride wasn't bad.



The little girls' favorite part was the "Happy Hour" in the lobby of the hotel every evening (free pop and snacks for all, what could be happier than that?).




Q-Man's favorite part was riding the boat along the Riverwalk. This is a very good way to learn the history of the area!




The teenagers' favorite part was the balloon lady at Hard Rock Cafe (that poor woman had no idea what she was getting herself into!).

My husband's favorite part was the Alamo. What could be more manly than forts, guns, battles, cannons, and Daniel Boone hats? Especially if you can talk with clients from there.....
My favorite part (other than spending 5 days with no deadlines or schedules) was definitely the food!!!! Prepared by someone other than me!


Although I also liked the Elvis exhibit at Hard Rock!

The beauty of a driving vacation is the flexibility to make stops along the way. On the way home from Texas we stopped to visit the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial. It is a very peaceful and reflective place. Even the kids seemed to sense the reverance. With that said, I want to share the next photo as my Word-Filled Wednesday post.
This year's Spring Break might not be as exciting as last year but I could use a little down-time!

For more Word-Filled Wednesday blessings visit the 160 Acre Woods.

17 comments:

Joyfull said...

Loved the spring break pictures! Hope you enjoy this year's break together at home. Beautiful verse and picture for WFW. God is faithful in all times!

twinklemom said...

Wonderful word filled wednesday verse!!

A beautiful reminder of God's faithfullness!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I LOVED reading about your Spring Break from last year!! I'm sure you will enjoy having your kid's around. (Will your daughter from college be home???)

I enjoyed visiting today. Have a BLESSED day my friend!!

Kim~

Anonymous said...

Beautiful verses and striking image. I'm headed to a funeral today and this really spoke to me. Blessings...

Anonymous said...

i love this verse! it's a perfect reminder!!

btw, I just noticed you were from ks. I lived in Dodge City a few years back!

luvmy4sons said...

I could use some down time too...wonder if I will get it...hmmm...Great pictures!

Heather said...

What a beautiful, touching photo and the perfect verse to go with it. A wonderful reminder for all of us. ;o)

lori said...

Loved the pics of the break too!!!
I loved the verse you chose too...what a powerful picture to go with it!
happy wednesday!
lori

Melanie said...

What a beautiful verse and picture.

I love San Antonio. We're heading down there next week for Spring Break. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Kelley-your family is beautiful! How did you have so many kids and still look so good?!?! We drove to Destin Florida two summers ago and it was fun-we survived the ride too. This looks lijke a great place to go. I just love Texas!! My anniversary falls on our college spring break, the kids don't get one in their school system so my husband and I try to run away. try to find some break time this year!! God bless!
In His Graces~Pamela

Susan said...

Hey Kelly,

I finally added you to my favorites, been meaning to for some time now!

I'll visit more often.

Loved your pictures. My hubby and I went there one year for our wedding anniversary, it was so NICE! (crowded though)

Very romantic at night walking along the river and riding in the boat. Hmmm, something you may not have got to do alone while you were there!

Blessings to you~

Angela Baylis said...

Thank you for sharing your Spring Break from last year! It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I hope you do something to enjoy this years'. The verse is absolutely beautiful!

Much love,
Angie xoxo

Joyful said...

Hi Kelley, fun to see your holiday pics - even if they were from last year! Hope you enjoy your Spring Break. Both my 'boys' are home right now for our March Break and although we haven't gone away, we've had some wonderful family times. My husband and my son have been skiing a lot, and today we went to the Sportsman Show. I have to go back to work tomorrow, but its been great!
Wondering how you're doing in regards to "She Speaks". Are you going for the speaking or writing? Can't wait to hear more about your journey.
Love & prayers,
Joy

Tonya said...

What an amazing spring break vacation! Ours is just ending..
;-( LOL!! I also enjoyed the scripture you shared today. I've read many on grief, but I can't say that I remember reading that one. (At least not in this season of my life) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing!

Love,
Tonya

Anonymous said...

I love San Antonio and we are big car trip people too. In fact, our daughters have only flown once to Chicgao. They feel so deprived.

Lana G! said...

This is wonderful!

Lisa said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!