Tuesday, June 24, 2008

DIvine Provision.....

As I went to check my emails and write a blog post this morning my computer refused to connect. I tried just about everything but was met with the same "unable to connect" message.

Finally, about 3:00 I couldn't stand it any longer so I went to the public library in order to get a much needed computer fix. AHHH, what a relief! It wasn't my laptop or my favorite corner but it was just enough of an online "fix" to hold me over until my husband got home and got mine up and running again (man I wish I understood computers!).

So here is the post I would have posted this morning if I had been able (and yes, of course it is She Speaks Conference related):

By Saturday afternoon I was feeling raw and wrung out and I needed rest and renewal badly. Fortunately there was a prayer room where I spent some time connecting with God in between "workshop sessions". The names of the conference attendees were sprinkled over the "Names of God" placed on tables around the room. I found my name securely placed on Jehova Jireh (the Lord Provides).

I have told you how God provided for me to go to the conference but there were many ways He provided throughout it as well.
Here are just a few of the divine provisions that come to mind:


1) As Lelia and I boarded the plane to leave Kansas City we noticed the name tag of the man taking our boarding pass said~~MATTHEW 1426 . Being the incredibly Godly women we are (or want to be) we looked up Matthew 14:26 after we boarded the plane. Here is what it says.....

"When the disciples saw him walking on the water they were terrified......(27) But Jesus spoke to them at once. "Don't be afraid....take courage, I am here."

I considered that great affirmation that as we stepped out of the boat to walk on water, Jesus was with us!!

2) Walking in to the "Bloggers Reception" and being recognized. I felt like such a celeb! LOL Of course I also felt like a groupie because I was squealing every time I recognized someone. God really knew what He was doing when He hooked so many of us up ahead of time through this forum!

3) My room mates Linda and Missy! When the Inn was full they graciously opened their room to me. Linda not only sacrificed a big, comfortable bed for a pull out that resulted in a headache, she also welcomed Missy and I with chocolates and a book in which she is published. And hearing about Missy's kids (1,2,3,4) brought back lots of fun memories of my own little ones.

4) My evaluation group. This was an amazing group of women who desperately want to glorify God, as He has freed them from the pain and brokenness of their past. I was blessed in some way by each one!

5) As I was having my melt down Sat. afternoon and there were no more coffee cups available, a beautiful angel of the Lord handed me hers and said, "you need it more than I do." (I wonder how bad I looked???)

6) My dear friend Joy from Canada gave me a darling new tote bag along with an encouraging card at a time I was feeling completely overwhelmed.

7) The ladies who took the time to encourage and calm my nerves when I was at my wits end. Carol, who helped me outline my talk, and Marybeth & Zoe who showed me jewelry.

8) At dinner Saturday I mentioned a book I wanted to get when I returned home and Laura offered to send me a copy of it that she had already read.

9) As I went to bed Saturday night my 19 yr. old called because she was having a bad day and needed to talk to her mom. I was able to listen and pray with her all the way from North Carolina.

10) Getting a ride to the Outlet mall from Amy and Carol after the conference was over (even if we did have to ride covered in the boxes from their shopping expedition the day before).


I am sure I am leaving out a lot but I wanted to post a few memories while they are still fresh in my mind. Overall God provided a fun and informative weekend and He is continuing to provide now that I am home.

I can honestly say it was everything I hoped it would be and then some (stay tuned for the "then some" in another post) ........


20 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Girl, isn't it sad how addicted we are to these computers?!?!? There are great things for you to do for Christ. Go do it!! He is big enough for you!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Jenny said...

It was an awesome event and I loved getting to see everyone in person and having a voice to go with blog now makes it more of a Joy!

Jen

Susan said...

Kelly, I feel like I was really with you guys each moment of the way! Thanks for taking us along.

I'm so blessed by reading all the ways God "winked at you."

Isn't He wonderful? I loved all the ways He goes above and beyond to show us how special we are to Him.

I'll look forward to more of your memories. I'm so happy for you Kelly!!!

Love ya♥

luvmy4sons said...

Don't you just love the way God reaches in and answers even the littlest of desires. I would have died laughing if just as I was dying for coffee someone handed me theirs! Too cool! And how awesome that your 19 year old reached out to you...I am sure that meant a lot while you were away! God is awesome!

Krista said...

It's awesome to be able to reflect on God's provisions and see the work of His hands. Sounds like it was a great conference. I look forward to reading the "then some" portion.

Singing praises to the King,
Krista

Joyful said...

As I read this I think of the verse, "God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask or imagine". I think we often believe He is "able", but "will He"? So excited to see evidence of all the "will He's" in this post.

I wish when I was in the prayer room I would have realized my name was there - I would have loved to have known the "Name of God" I was securely shadowed under. I know one thing - He held me and carried me all the way and I experienced Him as my all in all.

Blessings and hugs,
Joy

krista said...

I know of the need for a computer fix! It drives me crazy when I am unable to check email for more than a couple of hours!

I am so glad to hear of how God used this conference in your life. And, the best part is that the blessings from the conference are just starting to be realized.

Thank you for your kinds words on my blog. I too am excited to have a friend so close to home. We should set a lunch date for California Pizza Kitchen soon...their salads are incredible!

Renee Swope said...

Hi Kelley,

I was so sad I didn't get to meet you this weekend. There were so many faces in the crowd and your's was one I was hoping I would find. I love how God provided a way for you to be there, and now hearing that He also placed your name over His as Provider. WOW!!!

My prayer all week before the conference was that His sweet aroma would fill us and fill the conference - every inch of every room. I think that is why I am drawn to your blog and you - you are His sweet aroma.

I am praying for you and your daughter. The enemy is not at all happy about what Jesus did this weekend and what He is doing in each of us.

I pray He will pour His sweet perfume of love, grace, joy, peace, trust and provision into your hearts as you let Him live through you in each and every moment, each and every day.

I hope I'll get to meet you next year!!!

Blessings,
Renee

Kristen said...

The Lord does provide and I am praising Him today for the provisions He has poured out for you!

Carol said...

It was awesome! I am so glad we met. I loved hearing about your time!

Paula V said...

Thanks for sharing your journey and especially how HE provided in not only the big ways (like getting you there) but in each moment of each day.
Blessings,
Paula

Lelia Chealey said...

God is so good Kelley! He was all over the place from the airport in KC to the conference in NC! Even back home where the enemy tried hard to make your welcome home divert you from reflecting on God's goodness from the weekend, God was right there with you. Love you my friend, you are an incredible woman of God!!
Love,
Lelia

Laurie Ann said...

God's handprints were just everywhere! Wonderful wonderful wonderful. I love hearing Him acknowledged like that, Kelley. I'm so glad you enjoyed She Speaks and I can't wait to hear more about it. Hope your computer problems are resolved soon, but it's nice to have the library as a back-up option, isn't it?

Jackie said...

Saw the video on Missy's site of you fixin' to in the mall. :) Nicely done!

Marybeth Whalen said...

Zoe and I knew the truth-- that a nice piece of jewelry makes it all better!

So glad to be such a spiritual giant in your life--

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Glad you're home and getting readjusted to life. As for me, I'm in Gatlinburg on vacation and have to run to the clubhouse to get internet access. Such trouble I go through to keep up with you gals!

Be blessed, dear one. I hope that everything worked out well with your speaking. Let us know when you get the time.

peace~elaine

Amy said...

I love the Matthew 1426 story....My husband and I have had that type of thing happen before, and it is just so overwhelming. You realize He talks to you absolutely right where you are at; you just have to pay attention.:) One time God spoke to my husband that way while in line in a convenience store. Shannon had been praying about a major job opportunity that he had been offered, and he asked God to give him a sign if this job was what He wanted him to take. So just as Shannon had finished praying that, he had to go into the store and pay for gas, and that's when he saw it. There was a construction worker in front of him in line, buying his Friday night "beer" and Shannon saw Jeremiah 29:11 on the back of his shirt.:)

Shannon paid for the gas and ran back to his car and called me. He wanted me to look the verse up for him.

God is so good.

Kelley, I look forward to hearing more about your experience at She Speaks. I get tickled just thinking about all of you "bloggers" getting to see each other for the first time. I know I would definitely have been star struck. You ladies are like Christian Blog Stars to me.:)

God Bless,
Amy:)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Hi. I found you from It's Almost Naptime.

Great post on how God provides and is in all the little details.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Loved this post about how God showed up for you. I love experiences like this that blow fresh wind for your sails. Sounds like God is moving in your life. Enjoy the ride. And follow His lead at every turn. I believe more gifts are waiting.

Anonymous said...

Its easy to get carried away with blogging a lot if you love it.