Friday, February 15, 2008

Kindergarten Roundup - 7th Edition


16 years ago I took my oldest daughter to our first Kindergarten roundup. Baby #2 was at preschool, I had baby #3 in a stroller and was pregnant with #4. I remember the tears came as soon as she walked off with the teacher......and I cried till she came back! Oh she was fine, I was the wreck!

So here I am heading off to Kindergarten roundup once again, this time with baby #7--the last one! I have put it off as long as possible. He was 5 last July so there is no stopping him from heading off to elementary school this fall. Am I ready? Can I do this? I think the teachers have gotten wise, now instead of the child walking away with the teacher, you drop them in a classroom and you walk away. Somehow that seems easier to me and amazingly I got through the morning with no tears!

I listened to the principal, counselor, nurse and PTA President give their speeches and tried to stay interested, that isn't easy when you have heard it 6 times before. In fact, my husband bailed half-way through. But even though I have been here before, it is Quin's first time and he deserves parents who are just as interested this time as they were all of the other times! Now I am just praying they will have enough kids to form an afternoon class because I don't want to send him all day and if he goes in the morning he will have to miss going to CBS bible study with me 2 days a week. I have figured out that this little dilemma gives me something to focus on so I don't fall completely apart over my youngest bird sprouting his wings. Not to mention my oldest son (baby #3) will be a senior in high school next year. I don't stand a chance, come back to school time I will be a wreck......please pray!!!

Holding On To What I Can~~~Kelley




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelley,
Thank you for leaving such an encouraging comment on my blog! Yes, the level of attack seemed like it had amped up a bit, but for now it is smooth sailing. (Whatever THAT means!)

I read all of your posts this evening, and I need to tell you how much I adore what I have seen. Your family is beautiful! Your life seems so full and God glorifying!

Again, thank you for stopping by Facedown. I will be back!
Teri

Lisa said...

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for coming by Extravagant Grace and sharing such encouraging comments about my other sites. I'm looking forward to visits from your daughter's over there. I'd love to hear from them, too, especially in terms of hearing what they'd like to see at Refresh.

Come by EG any time! I enjoyed reading your thoughts about life and family, too. You have a sweet bunch and the age span gives such a precious perspective.

Blessings,
Elisa

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Kelley,

Thank you so much for popping in and giving such nice comments about my "Play" dilemma! I still have some thinking to do...

I took a few minutes to peruse your blog and let me just say (although I know you already know) you have a BEAUTIFUL family! Seeing them all together older to younger makes me desire a bigger family, but, well, except for the fact that I think I'd pull my hair out! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of a big family, but I know I just don't have the patience for it. (I'll live vicariously through you, ok?) ;)

I'm sending my first baby to kindergarten this August. Right now I think I'm ok with it... we'll see once he gets that name tag and walks through the door...

I'll be stopping back by here. I'm sure I can glean a lot of knowledge from you! It is so nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

awww i'm in the same position this year.. finding a school, and leaving my #1/4 will be really hard... we did a dry run and i hated it...