Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday the 13th and TSMS Saturday........

Thank you to all who have prayed for the family of our little friend. I know it was a long and hard day for them as they made arrangements they weren't prepared to make.

I did hear that 50 of her grandpa's organs have been donated (I didn't even know we had 50 organs?) so his death will bring the gift of hope to many others.

We were blessed to have the company of this little girl all day and evening. The kids had a fun day of walking to the park, giving the dog a bath, laying in the sun: *Those are their baby blankets they are using for pillows :) They only did this for about 1o minutes and while wearing Sunblock 30!!



Then we went to the annual VBS carnival at our church:

The Bake Walk:
We played over and over and over, and still couldn't win:


Even with my lovely friend Maryann drawing the numbers:

And then suddenly, we couldn't lose! We finally had to drag them away from the bake walk:

VBS had a rescue theme this year and so the highlight of the carnival was when a helicopter made a "special appearance in the parking lot:


And finally, to end the evening we enjoyed a late dinner at a gourmet hamburger place.......

By the time I finished my 5,000 calorie meal I was ready for bed!! We dropped off Sophie's friend and headed home.

We couldn't keep her from the reality of what was waiting for her forever but we could give her a Friday the 13th that was filled with memories of fun and laughter instead of death and sorrow.

I don't know what the spiritual condition of this man was (do we ever really know someone' s heart?) but I do know that his accident has once again reminded me of the brevity of this life and how I choose to live it matters for eternity!




Be sure to visit Amy and be blessed by more songs on this Saturday!

19 comments:

Lana said...

Thank you for sharing this and for letting us pray for this girl and her family. My heart is heavy for the wife of the man killed. I will pray that your family can be a comfort to them.

Sita said...

I am being reminded constantly that He indeed is my life...thank you for sharing...

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Kelley - I sooo look forward to being in my true home! He is my life and I know when my life is gone, I'll love my reward! I love this song so much! My hubby brought back the cd from a Promise Keepers event. It's one of my favorites that always gets my attention and makes me think!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

So glad that God have you the opportunity to give this girl a happy memory and to know that your family can help give love and support during this time.

ocean mommy said...

I have prayed that God would continue to give you all the opportunity to love on this little girl and her family. You really are being the hands and feet of Jesus to them during this hard time.

Blessings to you this weekend
stephanie

luvmy4sons said...

Awesome video. My thoughts go out to this family still. It seems like all had a good time. Great pics!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Kelley,

I remember doing what we called the "cake walk" I think when I was a kid. It was so much fun.

Love the video. Praying for this family.

Blessings!
Cheryl

Melanie said...

I am so glad that I checked your site yesterday and was able to pray for this little girl's and the loss of her grandfather.. I will continue to pray as I know the hard times are just beginning.

This is a great song to share in light of those events yesterday. And, so true, when it's all said and done NOTHING will matter except whether or not we chose God.

Have a blessed weekend!

sharon brobst said...

What a wonderful opportunity for your family to be able to minister to this little girl.

Mocha with Linda said...

Wonderful message in this song. I'm so glad this family has you for their friend to minister to them.

Jamie said...

I'm praying for this family. What a blessing you are to spend some time loving on this young girl.

Hope you are able to enjoy your bake walk goodies. That looked like a fun time!

Paula V said...

Is that your hubby with all those goodies? He best be hiding them or eating them all as those won't go well with your desires to eat well in prep of She Speaks.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

What a great way to celebrate the life we have today...we are not promised a tomorrow, but we do have hope of whom our tomorrow will be with!

Amico Dio said...

Praying for this little girl and her family....

I'm glad that you were able to be with her and serve her family in that way.

Marybeth Whalen said...

Hi Kelley-- that is so sweet that you all were able to love on that little girl-- and a blessing to her family too, I am sure. We had a chance to do that when the man across the street died and we took their youngest daughter for most of the time as they made arrangements. I remember taking her to Chick fil a and just feeling incredibly blessed that we were the ones she was with. I don't even think she remembers-- but I do!

We have been struggling here with grief too as our whole neighborhood has been affected by the death of a teen all the kids knew and loved. So, so sad-- our whole neighborhood seems to have a curtain of sadness pulled down over it.

See you in just a few days-- with polka dotted tops (and bells) on!

Unknown said...

Kelley,
You have such a tremendous heart! God was definitely with you guys Friday ~ I'm sure He knew you would love on that little girl the whole day. What a gift that was to her and to her family.

Prayers and Blessings,
Rebecca

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Kelley-what a blessing you are!!

That faily is in my thoughts and ym prayers tonight.

So how is your presentation coming?

In his Graces~Pamela

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, how my heart breaks for this sweet girl and her family. Please know that I am honored to join you in prayer for her family.

How wonderful that you were able to give her a fun and memorable day!

Lelia Chealey said...

How sweet Kelley. I loved the pictures along with your post.
Very sweet.
Love,
Lelia